Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 9: Back to life...as a 30 year old!

Dear Friends,

Happy Monday/Tuesday!  I love four day work weeks.  Tomorrow is Wednesday already.  Moreover, for me today was exceptionally productive.  It always feels good to have a great day back to work.  Plus, I leave for San Diego next Tuesday for a conference so I need to get as much done as possible while I'm at work.

So enough of the day to day business.  This past weekend was my 30th birthday and, surprise...I don't feel any older :-)  BUT I did get to spend the long weekend with some of my best friends in a very fun place and it was lovely.  I put $50 in the penny slots total, but got a ton of play out of that money.  We went to see Zumanity, Cirque de Soleil's sensual show.  I loved it, but there were a ton of boobies!  It really was out there in terms of appropriateness, but in Vegas anything goes.

So after a delightful weekend with great people, I'm 30.  I am excited for what this decade holds for me.  I've made a decision to start diligently searching and applying for jobs that fit my needs.  I am going to fall in love, get married, and have a baby this decade.  I have great things in my future.

I am still vegetarian (I made it through the weekend in Vegas without any meat, yay!) and still training hard for my half marathon.  I need to decide which marathon to run in the fall now.  I think I have it narrowed down to the Chicago marathon or the St. Louis marathon.  Chicago is one I will definitely do at some point, but St. Louis would be fun because I could stay with my cousin and her family.

That is all I have for now.  I'm going to upload photos and I'll throw some on here when I'm done.  I love you all and I appreciate your checking on me!

Love,
Amber

P.S. Today I am grateful for safe travels, loving friends, birthday celebrations, skype, netbooks with good cameras, productive workdays, treadmills, running shoes, and balloons.  I'm a lucky girl!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Glad you had a wonderful time and a productive day.