Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012...a little late!

Hello Dear Friends!

We are all aware it is 2012, we are smart like that.  We are also all aware that this is a time for resolutions and revolutions and incantations and other ***ations I cannot think of at this second.  Because the first of the year involved being at home in Kansas and away from a computer, and because the last week of being back in DC involved feeling crummy, I am just now getting around to my New Year post.

It was my intention to resolve to blog every day in 2012...I'm seven days late.  So my new resolution is to write for 359 straight days (366 - 7 = 359, it's a leap year people) in 2012.  It may only be a sentence on some days, but it is one of my resolutions.  If I want to be a writer, I need to write things I enjoy that are for ME!  Bonus if you like them too!

Beyond that I have several goals and aspirations (another ***ation word!) for 2012.  I am going to get back to good running shape for me (around 8 minute miles).  I am running the DC Rock n Roll Half Marathon on March 17th, and I plan to run a marathon in the fall.  It's time for me to start feeling fully healthy and like me again.

As I am turning 30 in a week, I am also motivated to get into the best shape of my life, and this means both physically and mentally.  I am going to put on a swimsuit and feel great about myself.  Although my body has been in stellar shape in the past, I wasn't comfortable in it and wasn't proud to bare it.  This year that changes.  I'm going to work on loving myself fully inside and out.

I have several work-related goals.  I would like to be rather productive and get several publications out so that this fellowship serves me well.  I'd like that effort to be fun and interesting, rather than stressful.  Then I am ready to move on!  I am ready for a real job and the benefits associated.  This past Christmas break, where I had to take vacation to get more than two days off of work really demonstrated to me that I need more vacation time and a flexible schedule.  I'm not 100% sure what this means job-wise, but I am sure I need to be able to be with my family over the holidays.

Lastly, I vow to have fun.  It is so easy for me to get caught back up in the mindset of "if I do this, then this will happen, and THEN I'll have fun and enjoy life."  Turns out, this is life.  I'm (almost) 30 years old.  If averages win out I have around 50 years left on this planet.  Time to make the most of it.  So bring on the fun, universe, I am ready.  Surprise me please!  Bring me love, bring me adventure, bring me awe.  I'm ready for it all.

Now dear friends, I apologize for the corny nature of this post, but alas, every word is true.  Much love and I'll type to you again tomorrow!

Love,
Amber

No comments: