Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 4: No voice

Hello My Dearest Friends,

Tonight I have no voice.  I have been a bit sick since I came back from Christmas/New Year's vacation at home and today was my first full day back in the office (I had a class downtown the past two days).  Obviously today is the most I've talked since leaving said home and I have no voice.  But I have no voice for the most wonderful of reasons; my friends from work took me out for Thai food tonight to celebrate my impending birthday.  I had such a wonderful time.  I am always astounded at the glorious people I have in my life no matter where I find myself.  I'm immensely lucky and grateful for these angels that always dart into my life.

In addition to this wonderful celebration and the ensuing voice disappearance, I would say I had a decently fabulous day. I was inspired by several mundane experiences to begin to get my application materials together to apply for big girl jobs.  I'm ready to be somewhere, to settle down, and to be "home".  Somehow, the special occurrences that were today culminated in me deciding to get there sooner rather than later.  I'm ready.

That is all I have for now.  I need to go to bed.  Perhaps my voice will come back.  On the other hand, if I can't talk, I can't tell all the delightful details of Vegas :-)

Love,
Amber

P.S. Today I am grateful for my amazing friends at work; the renewed vigor I feel in relation to my role in life and my career; the gifts I received from my family for my birthday in the mail tonight; the financial ability to do the things I get to do on a day to day basis; Thai food; rain rather than snow (even though I love snow); kitty love; and throat soothing homeopathic drops.

No comments: