Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 3: You win some, you lose some

Happy Tuesday and day 3 of the "Write 359 straight day" challenge!

In my first post, and yesterday's post as well, I referenced the desire to get into better shape physically and mentally.  One of the ways I'm reaching this goal is training for a half marathon.  Consequently, I drug my bootie out of bed this morning at 5am to go to the gym to run although I was sore, and tired, and lost my voice over night.  I was proud of myself.

I'm also reaching this goal by trying to eat healthier: Green smoothie in the morning, vegetarian diet, little to no dairy.  I am limiting sugar but not enough to say I'm not eating it.  I like sugar. So today when I was at CVS getting some pharmaceutical necessities, I did not buy the two for $6 Reese's Pieces supersize bags.  I love putting them in my freezer and munching on them as dessert.  But I didn't buy them...and I'm horribly disappointed.  All I wanted after my dinner of stirfry and an apple with almond butter was a little something else sweet and naughty.  Because I didn't buy the yummy candy, I had to suffice for stealing a 100 calorie bread roll thingy from my roommate, toasting it, throwing some vegan butter substitute on it, and shaking cinnamon sugar on top.  I'm not sure whether this was a better decision than the candy or not.

That is about all I have on my mind right now.  I promise I will find some interesting topics to throw at you from time to time as well!

Love,
Amber

P.S. I've decided to add a little section relaying what I am grateful for in my day.  Here goes: Getting out of bed to run and having a wonderful gym to run in where I was nice and warm and dry; having an amazing metro system to ride into downtown DC rather than having to drive in the fog and traffic; not buying the Reese's Pieces; having bread to steal from my roommate for my goofy "dessert"; having my best friend and Mom to talk to at the end of my day; my Aunt Marsha, because her Christmas gift of an Amazon gift card bought my Vega green smoothie mix today; my cousin Valerie, because her Christmas gift of a Starbucks gift card bought me a delicious soy latte this morning.  This is just a smattering of the amazing things I get every day!

No comments: