Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 24: Took a break and I'm ok with it

Hello Dear Friends!

San Diego wore me out.  I flew out last Tuesday, got in around 7pm, ate dinner (granted it felt like 10pm in my head), unpacked and passed out at 9pm.  Fast forward to 4am.  Up!  I am not great at the east coast to west coast traveling it would seem.  I got in a great workout that morning, but my days were off the rest of the trip.  I would be awake at 4am, even though I wasn't going to bed until 10pm (11pm, 12pm) west coast time.

Pair that with the fact that I spent both Wednesday and Thursday in all day meetings and preconferences and my mind was blown.  Thursday night I even judged posters in a poster session from 7pm to 8:30pm...then had dinner afterwards.

So I slacked off on here, and I'm okay with it.  I'm back now and back I shall stay.  I realize I've turned this into more of a diary than anything else, so I may focus on trying to bring in some fun posts from time to time.  You'd be surprised the ridiculously wonderful things I find on the internet, sitting at a computer for the greater part of a 9hr workday and then being on it more when I'm home.  I'll try to incorporate those more to entertain you!

Love,
Amber

P.S. I am immensely grateful for almond butter and fuji apples; red lentils; my family who consistently reads this thing; my friends who blow my mind on any given day; my preceptor Bill Klein (my boss); warm February days; strong legs with which to run; snuggly beds; and tomato basil sauce (back to food to finish this up).

No comments: