Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My upcoming plans...

Dear friends and family,

I like to pretend you're out there reading these.  I'm collecting quotes and advice from some of my favorite writers and websites to astound you, my pretend readers, in the future.  I might even get around to expounding upon insights of my own.  Until then, I write some updates, and post some pictures, and enjoy the feel of typing something other than research.

I'm particularly excited about several of my plans approaching forthwith.  Let's do a rundown of the next month, shall we?

In two days and five hours, I get to fly to Chicago to see Sara, Elizabeth, Cody, and Lydia (clap and cheer now!!!).  It's a short two day trip that will only serve to get me excited for future trips, but it will be amazing nonetheless.  You'll read about it next week.

Then, I actually have a weekend in the DC area.  So what shall I do?  Unless I become terribly lazy and want to enjoy a weekend in my own apartment, I plan on driving to a nearby beach or go down to see Desiree in Roanoke.  I'm  not sure which.  I find am rather motivated to drive to Roheboth Beach, DE that Saturday because I've found several fun things to do (national skimboarding championship, art festival) and I would enjoy lazing about the beach by myself.  We shall see.

Then, the next weekend I zip back to KC for a short two-day trip to play with my nephews and hopefully meet up with a few friends for drinks and relaxation.

AND THEN...the next weekend (August 27th) I'm going to the Jersey Shore!!!!!  My friend Paige has a family beach house, and several of my friends and I are planning on joining her there for a weekend of birthday celebrating, relaxation, and whatever else might happen :-)  I intend it to be epic.

AND THEN (I know, the excitement never stops)...the next weekend I fly to St. Louis for Labor Day weekend for fun and games in the hopefully cooler weather with my family.  It shall be an amazing way to say goodbye to the first summer of this adventure.

Okay, pretend readers, I'm out!  Have a happy Wednesday.
Much love,
Amber

3 comments:

Dana said...

You must fist pump at the Jersey Shore. It does not have to be in a bar, but I think it is a must.

Amber said...

Dear unknown,
I will fist pump...in a bar...after working out, getting brown, and making my clothes clean (GTL, if you will). It's a must.
:-)

Chip said...

1) I agree with Unknown. It may not be your thing, but it's a cultural thing, for lack of a better phrase. It's like going to England and not eating Fish n' Chips.

2) You forgot to mention that you're also going to see me while you're in KC. Hahaha.