Monday, August 8, 2011

Chicago!

Happy Monday!

I am sitting in the final week of my summer cancer course, trying to stay awake/engaged.  This week focuses on molecular cancer prevention.  Words such as apoptosis, stromal remodeling, and neovasculature have been flung  toward my brain but have yet to find a hospitable (and intellectually able) landing strip.  In fact, as I nodded off while pretending to listen earlier, I decided it was time to focus on the important things in life...my blog!

This past weekend I was blessed to be able to join my friends Sara, Elizabeth, Lydia (Elizabeth's almost 3 year old daughter), and Cody in Chicago.  Sara recently began her big girl job at St. Xavier University, and so we crashed her new apartment and toured her new professional digs.

It was a tremendous weekend full of touring, eating, drinking, and enjoying some of my favorite people on earth.  Our two most organized outings were to the Museum of Science and Industry (largest science museum in the western hemisphere) and south to see St. Xavier.  We ate and played at various locations in-between.

I will briefly outline the trip (read if you choose), and post pictures below.  You can also check the full album at my Picasa site: https://picasaweb.google.com/amber.koblitz/AugustInChicago.

Friday
Arrived in Chicago.
Toured Sara's 600 square foot studio apartment.
Walked with Cody, Sara, Elizabeth, and Lydia to dinner down the street.
Dinner!
Stayed up late-ish talking with Sara and Elizabeth.

Saturday
Walked right next door to the Oak Park farmer's market for fruit, flowers, and donuts.

Lydia picked this flower herself.

Amazing donut!

Road the L downtown to meet up with Cody and head to the Museum of Science and Industry
First ride on the L!

Chicago is beautiful, even through a window!
Spent hours in the museum (check out the photos, there are too many to post here)
The museum.


Shhhh!
The ladies!

Went to The Burger Bar for eats and drinks and merriment.
Good beer!

Good cider!
Rode the train home and stayed up late watching movies, talking, and drinking with Sara and Elizabeth.  

Sunday
Went to breakfast at a cute corner diner right down the street from Sara's apartment.
My breakfast!














Drove south to St. Xavier's to see Sara's office and her new campus.
Sara's building.










Sara's office.














Headed to the airport and came back to DC.
Best airport food ever.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Great pictures and I want that breakfast!