Friday, September 9, 2011

Hurriquake Weekend 2011: Part II

Between the quake and the hurri, I had the opportunity (well it was actually required) to spend two days in a training lab on the main NIH campus to learn about the bench side of basic science.  I took a picture of our agenda, as I knew I wouldn't be able to actually talk about the things we did with any level of confidence or accuracy.
There was some DNA, RNA, and cell culture action.  It was mostly enjoyable because I have about zero experience working in a basic science lab.  My research deals with the person as a whole, so we don't do a lot of invasive procedures :-)  Overall, it was a great time with my colleagues and friends, and although my sarcasm probably highly annoyed the man leading our conquest of the human genome, we actually had some successful "experiments."

Instead of boring you with more details, I'm going to publish a few photos.  As always, if you'd like more extravagant and amazing detail, check my Picasa account.
Jenn actually is a bench scientist.

That is my DNA.

Leticia, Paige, and Hisani...doing science.

My group: Ashley and Khair

More science.

Our gel for our DNA assay (I think that's what it is).


That is our DNA!!!

That is our DNA illuminated.

No comments: