Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pecan pie brownies

So if you've read my posts the last couple of days, thank you and know that I'm doing much better.  Why, you ask?  Because I decided to be better I guess.  I lead a pretty fantastic life, so once I shared my feelings, processed a bit, and decided my next steps, I've felt better.  And thank you to those of you who have validated my feelings in one way or another over the last few days.  I feel heard and loved, and there is little else I can ask for in the world.

Also, if you read yesterday's post, you saw that I receive multiple emails a day reminding me to be strong, courageous, happy, loving, et cetera, and that I value those emails immensely, even when they push me outside of my comfort zone.

What you may not know is that I receive a second set of emails that also have the tendency to push me outside my comfort zone, my food comfort zone.  They are usually emails with ridiculously decadent recipes that I want to make or desire to have, but am not sure how to fit into my lifestyle.  

Today I share one of these recipes with you.  The recipe is from an email that was sent to me by the people at www.myrecipes.com but was originally published in Southern Living.  It does not have nutritional information, I assume because once you see the recipe you really won't want to know.  But I like the idea and I think I'll beg my brother to help me put these together for Thanksgiving.  I enjoy pecan pie and I enjoy brownies...put the two together and we just might have a new hit.  I hope you enjoy them, or enjoy drooling over the idea of them.

Love,
Amber

Ingredients

  • (2-pound) frozen pecan pie, thawed
  • 1/2 cup butter 
  • 1 3/4 cups (11.5-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chunks
  • 1 cup sugar 
  • large eggs 
  • 1 cup milk 
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder 
  • Vegetable cooking spray 

Preparation

  • Cut pie into cubes. Set aside.
  • Microwave 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chunks in a glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute. Stir and microwave 1 more minute. Stir until mixture is smooth.
  • Beat chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, milk, and half of pie cubes at low speed with a heavy-duty stand mixer until blended.
  • Add flour and baking powder, stirring with a wooden spoon until blended. Stir remaining half of pie cubes into batter. (Batter will be thick.) Spoon batter into a 13- x 9-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
  • Bake at 350º for 50 minutes. Cool brownies completely on a wire rack. Cut into triangles or squares.
  • Note: For testing purposes only, we used Mrs. Edward's Frozen Pecan Pie.


http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pecan-pie-brownies-50400000110033/?iid=news-di-110811&PromKey=XET

No comments: